Do you enjoy the distinct smoke flavor that a grill provides but would rather not worry about sudden flare-ups and erratic temperature changes? A pellet grill may be the perfect solution for you!
Pellet grills combine the functions of a grill and a smoker all in one – they truly are the best of both worlds! They strike the ideal balance between quality and convenience, allowing you to focus less on the cooking and more on the experience.
If you want to gradually improve your skills as a barbecue master, a pellet grill is a great place to start. Here are 4 delicious and easy pellet grill recipes that are sure to impress on your next gameday, party, or camping trip.
1. Cajun Smoked Chicken Wings
When it comes to the perfect game-day snack, nothing beats flavorful chicken wings. With this clear and simple pellet grill recipe, you can get all of the amazing smokehouse flavors while also achieving extra tasty crispy skin and juicy, tender chicken.
Whether you’re throwing a party, tailgating at the game, or just having friends over, these smoked chicken wings tossed in a delicious cajun sauce will have everyone coming back for more!
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Fine Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Cover all the chicken wings in the spice mixture and marinate them for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When the grill reaches 250 degrees, spread the wings evenly across the grates.
- Cook the wings until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F (this usually takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes). Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the wings and whether they are frozen or fresh.
- Give the wings 15 minutes to rest, then enjoy!
2. Bacon Wrapped Smoked Scallops
Juicy, flavorful, crispy, and smoky. Do we really need to say anything else? If you’re looking for a rich and savory appetizer, these bacon-wrapped smoked scallops are a perfect choice.
One of the best pellet grill recipes, this dish is extremely simple to prepare and will wow your friends and family. These bacon-wrapped smoked scallops should without a doubt be on your menu for your next get-together!
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1.25 lbs medium-sized scallops
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Heat your pellet grill to 250 degrees.
- Dry the scallops with paper towels and generously sprinkle them with Old Bay seasoning.
- Apply Montreal steak seasoning sparingly to one side of the bacon; too much will overpower the scallops. As an alternative, you could wrap the scallop in bacon and then season the exterior.
- Wrap the scallops in the unseasoned side of the bacon.
- Squeeze half of a lime and a lemon over the scallops.
- Place the scallops on the grill for approximately 30 to 45 minutes and remove them once they’ve reached an internal temperature of 130. Make sure to flip the scallops after 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
3. Flat Pan Chili
Heading on a camping trip? This flat pan chili recipe for pellet grills might easily become one of your favorite meals on your adventure. With a well-balanced smoky flavor, this recipe has just about everything you’d want!
It features the perfect blend of veggies, spices, beans, and meat and is an easy pellet grill recipe to deliver a sense of warmth, coziness, and joy. It is also a great dish to cook up at any get-together, game, or cookout!
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 White Onion diced
- 2 Jalapenos diced
- 2 lb Top Sirloin Steak
- 1. 5 lb Ground Beef
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 2 16 oz cans of Kidney Beans
- 1.5 cups water
- Open the sear plate and preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- In the range of 120 and 125 degrees, grill steak to rare then cover with foil and set aside.
- Add onions, jalapenos, and ground beef to a small skillet on the grill and cook until the beef is browned.
- Reduce the grill’s heat to 275 degrees and close the sear plate.
- Cut the steak into pieces and combine it with all other ingredients in a large aluminum pan. Spread seasoning evenly and mix well.
- Put the pan on the grill and let simmer for 2 hours, stirring every so often.
- Remove the pan from heat and add your favorite toppings, such as cheese or sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
4. Smoked Blueberry French Toast
There’s truly no better way to start your morning than with this delectable and easy pellet grill recipe. This smoked blueberry french toast is sure to blow you away – it’s smoky, it’s sweet, it’s delicious! It combines crispy Texas toast and flavorful smokey and juicy blueberries, and it is topped with maple syrup and whipped cream, creating the ideal breakfast for a weekend brunch with your loved ones!
- 8 slices Texas Toast (Thick sliced white bread)
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Place the bread on a flat surface, such as a cookie sheet, and cover with a soft towel. Leave bread out for at least 12 hours.
- Fire up the grill to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, almond extract, vanilla, sugar, and salt and stir until well combined.
- Place bread in a grill-safe pan by tearing or cutting it into small pieces that are about 1-2″ square.
- Toss the bread with the egg mixture and make sure all of the pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Add the blueberries and toss again to evenly distribute them.
- Pour a little maple syrup over the pan.
- Put the pan on the grill for about 1 hour or until the egg batter is cooked.
- Pour maple syrup over the french toast.
- Optional: Garnish the french toast with additional fresh blueberries and whipped cream.
Why You Need a Portable Pellet Grill
Pellet grills provide a quick, easy, and reliable way to consistently prepare a variety of foods with incredible flavor. These simple-to-use backyard masterpieces add excitement and fun to any gathering.
A pellet grill has the following benefits:
- They are simple to control and operate. With the push of a button, the grill can be lit!
- Pellet grills offer extreme versatility, allowing you to cook just about anything.
- The smoky flavor that pellet grills produce is unrivaled.
- They deliver a consistent, even cook every time.
Shop the Best Pellet Grill from HALO
If you’re looking for the best pellet grill on the market, you’ve come to the right place! HALO carries the industry’s first rechargeable battery-powered pellet grill. It is portable and lightweight and provides a superior pellet smoke flavor. With a temperature range of 180°F – 500°F, you can smoke and sear a variety of foods with ease.
Perfect for on-the-go, camping, or tailgating, HALO’s Prime300 Countertop Pellet Grill will enhance your outdoor cooking experience and take your cooking skills to the next level.
Shop the Prime300 Countertop Pellet Grill today!