- Total Time: 94
These pretzels might make you stop calling it a pizza oven. The golden crust on the outside glazed with butter and salt pair perfectly with the soft bready interior. It’s probably best starting with a double batch because everyone will want these after the first bite.
- 1 cup milk (100-110 degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 cups warm water
VERSA 16 SETTINGS
Pre-heat your Versa 16 oven for 12 minutes on Low
- Add yeast to warm milk and mix for 2-3 minutes
- Add milk mixture to flour and add in brown sugar and 2 tbsp of butter, mix until a dough is formed, add in fine salt.
- Knead dough into a smooth ball and put in a lightly greased bowl, let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Add baking soda to 3 cups of warm water and mix until desolved. Pour into a shallow container for dipping the pretzels (I use a 9×9 pan)
- Divide dough ball into 6 equal sized pieces and stretch out to about 24″ long, you can stretch them more for larger pretzels instead of thicker ones
- Shape the pretzels and dip into the water mixture, place on a round pan for cooking in the oven.
- Melt remaining butter down. (I place butter in a pan and set on top of the oven while the pretzels bake.
- Cook on low for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dip pretzels in melted butter, sprinkle with salt.
- Prep Time: 90
- Cook Time: 4