If you thought you could only cook pizza in a pizza oven, it’s time to think again! Pizza ovens are used for much more than just pizza. Trust me, we love pizza too, but even the biggest pizza fans can’t eat it every day. Experimenting with new recipes for your pizza oven is fun, entertaining, and rewarding.
So, what else can you cook in a pizza oven? From breakfast dishes to desserts, you can cook a wide range of meals in a pizza oven. Learning how to make delicious pizza oven recipes that aren’t pizza will elevate your culinary abilities and revolutionize your cooking game.
With a pizza oven, you can cook, bake, roast, and grill tasty meals for you and the whole family. After all, nothing beats the flavor sensations and aromas that emanate from an outdoor pizza oven.
What Else Can You Cook in a Pizza Oven?
The great thing about cooking in a pizza oven is that you can satisfy all of your cravings. Do you enjoy chewy doughy pizza with a beautiful crispy crust? What about a juicy, flavorful steak that melts in your mouth?
When you discover what else can be cooked in a pizza oven, you can cook whatever your heart desires such as:
- Roasted vegetables
- Grilled fish
- Cooked meats
- Barbequed meats
- Baked potatoes
- Bread loaves
However, you are not limited to these options – you can be as experimental as you’d like!
To become more comfortable cooking in a pizza oven, consider purchasing a pizza kit that includes all of the necessary equipment, such as a pizza peel and tongs. These will make it easier for you to explore cooking different foods while also ensuring your safety.
Pizza Oven Recipes
Need some more ideas for what you can cook in a pizza oven? Check out these delectable pizza oven recipes that will make your mouth water.
Make the most tender and juicy filet mignon with your pizza oven. This restaurant-style steak, baked and seared to golden brown perfection, can be topped with the sauce of your choice to surprise and delight you and your guests.
- 1 filet mignon
- Greek salt
- Olive oil
- Chimichurri sauce
- Drizzle the filet with olive oil and season with the salt.
- Preheat the pizza oven to high and place steaks near the edge of the stone, flipping every 2 minutes until it is cooked the way you want it. For medium rare, allow 10 minutes.
- Place the steak on a plate and top it off with a tablespoon of the sauce.
Potatoes Au Gratin
When you feel like cooking a comforting and delicious meal with the family, fire up your pizza oven to create this magnificent side dish. This classic recipe for au gratin potatoes combines thinly sliced potatoes with a gloriously rich and creamy cheddar cheese sauce – baked until perfection.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Slice potatoes to the same thickness, preferably ¼”, and make sure all pieces are roughly the same size.
- Place 2 tbsp melted butter in a 9″ oven safe pan, followed by a layer of potatoes that covers the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle it with salt, onion powder, and parsley to taste. Continue layering until you reach the end, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 20 minutes (17 minutes covered, 3 minutes uncovered on low heat).
- Top it off with parsley (optional).
These oven-baked chicken wings are an excellent party dish that will leave your guests asking for more. This pizza oven recipe, tossed in a tasty buffalo sauce, brings maximum flavor to game day.
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings can use frozen or fresh/thawed
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (or any flavor you prefer)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Toss chicken wings in a large mixing bowl with all ingredients until evenly coated.
- If using frozen wings, cook the wings in an oven-safe pan for 15 minutes on low, and if using fresh wings, cook for 5 minutes on high.
- When the timer goes off, remove the wings from the pan and put them on the stone on high, with the thicker end towards the center, and rotate the wings for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Whether you’re craving a sweet, delicious breakfast or want to dish up the tastiest dessert, these sensational cinnamon are sure to impress. You can even use leftover pizza dough, roll it out, and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Nothing beats the aroma and flavor of these cinnamon rolls right out of the pizza oven.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
For the icing:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp hot water
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Roll out the dough into a 16×10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured work surface. Brush the melted butter over the dough, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough into a log, beginning with the long end closest to you. Cut the log into 12 1½ inch-long rolls. Place each roll about 1 inch apart in the prepared baking dish.
- Place the rolls in the oven-safe pan and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the rolls to rest while you combine the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. 1 tablespoon at a time, whisk in the hot water until the icing reaches the desired consistency. Drizzle the icing over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve right away.
Benefits of a Pizza Oven
Pizza ovens are extremely versatile and are perfect for the backyard, a tailgate, or on the campground. They provide an incredible depth of flavor to your dishes that simply can’t be matched.
In a pizza oven, you can cook almost anything, including a beautiful, perfectly cooked pizza. A pizza oven is not only enjoyable to use with friends and family, but it is also reliable, efficient, and portable.
After cooking in a pizza oven, backyard barbecues and grills will never be the same.
Shop the Best Pizza Oven From HALO
Now that you know what you can cook in a pizza oven, you’ll need a high-quality pizza oven that can get the job done right.
Through an innovative and patented design that allows you to be as adventurous as you want, HALO’s Versa 16 Outdoor Pizza Oven provides an unrivaled outdoor cooking experience. Our outdoor pizza oven brings the most advanced technology to provide you with better temperature control, increased consistency, and improved visibility.
Whether it’s pizzas, steaks, vegetables, or desserts, the Versa 16 delivers a delicious, perfectly cooked dish that will put a smile on everyone’s face.
Are you ready to take your cooking skills to new heights? Shop the Versa 16 Outdoor Pizza Oven!